What can you do right now for your business? How do you level up your marketing to showcase your practice from local to state-wide? Which mindsets do you need to address to function at your best?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks about laying the foundation of your solo practice with Andrew Burdette.
Podcast Sponsor: Level Up Week
You’re probably entering that phase where you start to set yourself up for 2023, you’re thinking about what your goals are gonna be, what you’re not going to do, and what you hope to achieve.
But regardless of where you are within your private practice journey, I’m challenging you to make these last few months count, to dig deep, and to make next year the one for big changes within your business – and more importantly – within yourself.
So if you’ve been looking for a sign to either start your own private practice, grow from solo to group, or become a next-level group practice boss, this is it…and you’re certainly not alone, because Practice of the Practice is doing something we’ve never done before.
We’re so convinced that now is the time for you to grow that we’re dedicating all our resources to help you do it. We’re all in. Every single one of us. And we’re inviting you to go all in and level up.
From September 12 to 15 we’ll be running ‘Level Up’ week to help you decide what will work best for you in your private practice journey. There will be webinars, Q&As with experts, and a chance for you to meet your accountability partners, facilitators, and community.
Make September 2022 the month that you start your journey and level up.
Meet Andrew Burdette
Andrew Burdette is a professional counselor and substance abuse professional, partner, friend, family member, fly fisher, film nerd, audio and music buff. Andrew came to counseling first as someone wanting to be free of feeling terrified of his own emotions, feeling anxious and inept about a lot of things in life.
He works well with clients challenged by anxiety, depression, substance use, overwhelming life transitions, relationship health and quality, or self-esteem because at different points, he has had to face these challenges himself.
In This Podcast
- Lay the foundation
- Going from local to state-wide
- Address your mindsets
- Andrew’s advice to private practitioners
Lay the foundation
Install the foundational “bricks” of your business ahead of time. In other words, what can you do now that you won’t have to go back and change later on?
These are things like:
- getting the right licensures
- separating the business identity from your own
- setting up a consistent business address
Going from local to state-wide
Identify which areas within marketing you are good at and focus on those. Some of these skills include:
- writing blogs
- posting IG reels
For me, rather than opting for an SEO-friendly website for the Google algorithm, I opted for something that was a little more people-friendly. I have a relatively lightweight website but it is focused and deliberate about what’s visible [for viewers].Andrew Burdette
Address your mindsets
Because the business comes from you, it is important that you check yourself and do your inner work.
Your mindsets may not impact the business functioning but they influence you, and you directly influence the business.
I think time management and structuring time management is a big thing.Andrew Burdette
- Use your time wisely. If you have office hours where you are not seeing clients, then use those office hours to get other work done that relates to your practice.
Work on your practice during business hours, and then properly rest when you are not working.
- Get past your shyness and network. Ultimately, it is just a conversation over coffee with someone who works within your field and also lives in your community.
- Get to know your finances.
- Become practiced in setting and following boundaries – even your own!
I know I have to sometimes rein in my “boss mind” at two o’clock in the morning when I wake up in the middle of the night.Andrew Burdette
- Get someone to do what you do not like to do.
Andrew’s advice to private practitioners
Remember that this is very doable, and it is worth it.
Useful Links mentioned in this episode:
- Level Up your practice and business mentality on September 12th to 15th
- Visit Andrew’s website and connect on Psychology Today.
- Increase your online presence with Bright Local
Check out these additional resources:
- Setting up Your New Private Practice for Success with Brandon Antoskow | POP 783
- Apply to work together
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Apply to work with us — a decision-making matrix for your next steps
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!