Which common leveling-up blind spots are holding you back from success and growth? What is it that truly makes you unique? How can you take actionable steps to turn your uniqueness into your business superpower?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks about building multiple streams of income and honing in on your message with Melanie Benson.
Podcast Sponsor: Therapy Notes
Is managing your practice stressing you out? Try TherapyNotes! It makes notes, billing, scheduling, and telehealth a whole lot easier.
Check it out and you will quickly see why TherapyNotes is the highest-rated EHR on TrustPilot with over 1000 verified customer reviews and an average customer rating of 4.9/5 stars.
You’ll notice the difference from the first day you sign up for a trial. They offer live phone support 7 days a week, so when you have questions, you can quickly reach someone who can help, and you are never wasting your time looking for answers.
If you are coming from another EHR, they make the transition really easy. TherapyNotes will import your clients’ demographic data free of charge during your trial so you can get going right away.
Use promo code ‘JOE’ to get three free months to try out TherapyNotes, no strings attached, and remember, telehealth is included with every subscription free. Make 2022 the best year yet with TherapyNotes.
Meet Melanie Benson
Melanie Benson, Authority Brand Amplifier for Expert-preneurs, shows her clients how to stand out in a crowded market and attract high-paying clients and opportunities.
She’s the host of Amplify Your Success Podcast, is author of Rewired for Wealth, co-author of the best-selling Voices of the 21st Century and Entrepreneur.com’s Start-Up Guide to Starting an Information Marketing Business, and has been featured in Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Woman’s Day, and Parenting.
FREEBIE: Check out Melanie’s 7-Step Plan to Get Visible and Learn How to Avoid the 17 Biggest Mistakes When Podcast Guesting
In This Podcast
- Some common leveling-up blind spots
- What is it that makes you unique?
- Hone in on your messaging
- How to be a great podcast guest
- Melanie’s advice to private practitioners
Some common leveling-up blind spots
1 – Not recognizing how valuable your skillset is.
You may be slow or nervous to level up because you may think that your skillset is not valuable, or is already in the market. However, your approach is unique, and it may fully resonate with your ideal audience, so pursue it!
Maybe it’s because you’ve been doing it for so long, it’s like the friend you take for granted … but there are people who are searching for it.Melanie Benson
2 – Not seeing the opportunities.
Your skillset can be reworked and repackaged into something new, not related to in-session therapy, that can be made available to a searching and willing audience.
There’s this whole opportunity … to take that expertise and package it in a new way and bring it into the course-creation, coaching modality and transform lives even faster.Melanie Benson
Just because you are a therapist doesn’t mean that your income has to come purely from offering therapy. Your skills and knowledge can serve other purposes that can also earn you an income.
3 – Not challenging the stories your mind creates.
Do not blindly follow the thoughts that your mind gives you, because sometimes the information that it bases these thoughts on is not true, or self-preserving emotions like fear and anxiety are driving them.
What is it that makes you unique?
No two people are alike, and the same goes for coaches and therapists. You could have two therapists trained in the same way, and they would approach clients and handle situations differently.
That is where your value lies, in how you approach your practice and what your unique personality and life experience bring to the table.
Your superpower is what makes you unique. What is it that makes you the standout expert, coach, consultant, [or] therapist … that people will want to work with?Melanie Benson
Hone in on your messaging
If it feels daunting to you to put yourself out there, here’s a simple process:
- Focus on your ideal clients and the people that you like to work with. Specifically, focus on those that bring you joy while you simultaneously work together to get them great results.
- What is the common process that you take these ideal clients through? What is the similar journey that you and these clients go on in their work that brings them those great results?
[This process] starts to reveal where your superpowers are.Melanie Benson
- What do you hear over and over again from all your clients? There is similar feedback that they give you from what they struggle with, to what they want to achieve, and how they receive your guidance.
How to be a great podcast guest
Before you learn how to be a great podcast guest, here are some tips on things that you should avoid doing:
- Winging it
- Not having a clear message
- Not having a basic structure of how your conversation will look
To be a great podcast guest, try Melanie’s ROCS method:
- R: relevant
- O: outcome driven
- C: credibility-boosting
- S: specific
It’s easy for you to remember because every time you give a talk … or teach something, you’re using that framework.Melanie Benson
Melanie’s advice to private practitioners
Find a message that, when you share it, your heart soars, and you feel that you are expanding your impact on the world.
Books mentioned in this episode:
BOOK | Melanie Benson – Rewired for Wealth: How to Train Your Mind and Become a Money and Success Magnet
Useful Links mentioned in this episode:
- Use promo code ‘JOE’ to get three free months to try out TherapyNotes, no strings attached, and remember, telehealth is included with every subscription free.
- Check Out Audience Building Academy and join the March 2023 cohort!
- Visit Melanie Benson’s website, listen to Amplify Your Success Podcast, and connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Check out these additional resources:
- Branding for Therapists with Avivit Fisher | POP 798
- Apply to work together
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Apply to work with us — a decision-making matrix for your next steps
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!