Is your private practice team on the same page? Or could you do better?
If not, we got you!
A retreat like no other, to fast forward your private practice team.
- Build teamwork and connection. With your top leadership.
- Discover and align strategy.
- Create a clear plan.
Welcome to a transformative business intensive designed specifically for therapy teams. Join us in the beautiful surroundings of Northern Michigan as we work together to align your team and take your therapy practice to the next level.
Over the course of two days, we’ll help you develop a strategic plan for your practice, focus on your strengths and weaknesses, and develop effective communication and leadership skills. Our team of experienced business consultants will work closely with you to identify areas for improvement and help you set clear, achievable goals for your practice.
Imagine spending time with your core leaders setting a vision, connecting, and planning with the guidance of your consultant!
Joe Sanok and his team will interview you to align your intensive with your goals for your team either around strategic planning, team connection, or both.
And when you’re not working, you can enjoy the breathtaking beauty of Northern Michigan, with its lush forests, sparkling lakes, and charming small towns. This property is on 15 acres of old-growth hard wood forest on a private lake.
So if you’re ready to take your therapy practice to the next level and join a supportive community of like-minded professionals, sign up for our business intensive today. We look forward to seeing you in Northern Michigan!
About Your Private Practice Consultant
Joe Sanok has the #1 podcast for counselors, The Practice of the Practice Podcast. With over 800 episodes, Joe has trained thousands of therapists to start, grow, scale, and exit their practices. Joe has been featured in Harvard Business Review, Inc., and is a speaker for Simon Sinek. Joe also is a leader in the field of experiential education, team-building, and training. He is the author of the productivity book, Thursday is the New Friday: How to Work Fewer Hours, Make More Money, and Spend Time Doing What You Want (HarperCollins). Joe is a retired group practice owner and sold his practice in 2019.
About the Private Practice Intensive Space
We have partnered with Our Majestic Place, a micro-retreat center in northern Michigan. We help leadership teams that want to make a difference in the world and get on the same page.
This private home will be entirely yours. It is on 15 acres of private old-growth forest, a private lake, and ample space indoors and outdoors for your intensive. Just a few of the highlights:
- Campfire pit looking over Lake Julian
- Outdoor games and space
- Four bedroom, three bath micro-retreat center (The house sleeps 8: two twin beds, one king, two queens, so you could bring partners as well)
- One mile from a public fresh water beach
- On Leelanau Peninsula, home of the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Lakeshore (voted most beautiful place in America by Good Morning America), 20 award winning wineries, and hundreds of miles of hiking trails.
Leelanau County in Michigan is home to some of the most beautiful old-growth forests in the state, making it the perfect destination for stressed-out therapists looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Imagine sitting on the shore of a serene lake, surrounded by towering trees that seem to stretch endlessly into the sky. As you walk through the forest, your senses are awakened by the fresh scent of pine and the sounds of birds singing in the canopy above.
In Leelanau County, you can wander freely through miles of pristine forest, taking in the beauty of nature at your own pace. Whether you prefer the challenge of hiking over rough terrain or the tranquility of a leisurely stroll, the old-growth forests of Leelanau County have something for everyone.
So why not take a break from the stresses of modern life and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Leelanau County? With its stunning landscapes and serene atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to rejuvenate your body, mind, and soul.
What’s included in your private practice intensive stay:
Base price: $5,000 includes lodging + facilitation
- Planning: 30 minute planning call with Joe Sanok and the private practice owner, staff survey, and preparation checklist.
- Three nights of Lodging for 8 people (one king, two queens, two twin), typically since there are four rooms, this is the owner + three staff and four partners/spouses/friends (that don’t mind sharing a bed or room) so that each staff can have their own room. The house is a four bedroom, three bathroom house with plenty of room to spread out. Updated with a mid-century modern feel overlooking the lake.
- Eight hours of consulting and facilitation with Joe Sanok, 10:00-12:00 and 1:00-3:00 for two days. Additional four hour chunks may be purchased for $2,000 per day.
- Dinner reservations the team will schedule dinner reservations and activities based on the budget and desired outcomes of the private practice owner.
- The practice owner is responsible for all transportation, food, and trip scheduling unless otherwise arranged.
- Extend your stay for an extra night for $350 per night (off season) or $750 per night primary season (May-September).
- Additional day of consulting may be purchased for $2,000 per day.
Typical Private Practice Intensive Schedule:
Monday: Your team flies into Traverse City, MI TVC, get rental car, and check into your private home, pick up groceries.
Tuesday: Morning coffee and breakfast either in the home or at 9 Bean Rows (our favorite farm-to-table bakery!) 10:00 kick off! A day facilitated around vision and strategy, team building and connection, or both. Wrap up at 3:00 with your consultant and continue the work or go play. Dinner out at Farm Club or another amazing northern Michigan restaurant!
Wednesday: Morning coffee and breakfast either in the home or at 9 Bean Rows (our favorite farm-to-table bakery!) 10:00 kick off! A day facilitated around vision and strategy, team building and connection, or both. Wrap up at 3:00 with your consultant and continue the work or go play. Dinner out at Farm Club or another amazing northern Michigan restaurant!
Optional: Extend your stay for an extra night for $350 per night (off season) or $750 per night (May-September).
Get on the Waiting List
May 2023 Sold Out, Waitlist gets first access to openings June 2023 Sold Out, Waitlist gets first access to openings July 2023 Sold Out, Waitlist gets first access to openings
August 2023 One opening
September 2023 One opening
October 2023 One opening
November 2023-August 2024, dates will open to waitlist customers September 1, 2023