We recognize that starting a private practice, running it well, marketing it, and attracting your ideal client is something we were never taught in graduate school. This page will help you know what to do next to start, grow, and scale your practice. We have tons of free resources for you that will help you grow such as podcasts, free downloads, and articles.
Ready to grow faster?
There are only three steps in working together:
- Apply to work with us, we’ll discuss your phase of practice and give you the best recommendation.
- Start the Program: If you’re just getting started, we’ll probably recommend the One Year Practice Plan or Next Level Practice, if you are growing a group practice or scaling, we have Mastermind Groups and one-on-one consulting. We also can design a custom plan for you based on your time and budget.
- Implement and Follow-up: We’ll work with you individually or in a group to start, grow, and scale.
If you’re not sure what to do next, complete the application below and we’ll schedule a time to talk.
Private Practice Resources
Here are a few of my favorite resources we’ve developed.
Basics of the website
Since you’re new here, you should know the most popular posts:
Practice of the Practice Podcast: Currently this is the #1 podcast in iTunes for counselors in private practice. I cover all sorts of issues around private practice. Each month (at the time of this writing) I have over a thousand listeners. I interview successful folks, share my thoughts, and give you clear tools to grow your private practice.
How to Launch a Website for $15: When I first launched my Traverse City counseling private practice, I had no idea that I could launch my own website. It’s crazy-easy! This gives you the basic walk-through on how to do it yourself.
One Year Practice Plan: I started the newsletter I wish I had when I began my private practice. This e-newsletter is sent to you weekly and walks you through exactly what to do when you’re starting a private practice. Each week you get an action-oriented e-mail that walks you through how to grow start/grow your private practice. I covers things like:
- Do you need a LLC?
- How do you build a website?
- What are the best tools for marketing?
- How do I get clients into my private practice?
- Should I take insurance or have a private pay counseling private practice?
- How do I become a premium counselor and get paid for it?
Clinical Resources: We can’t become better counselors if we don’t build our skills. Readers love the clinical resources!
How to get the most out of the website
Counselors that are successful in private practice:
- Learn about marketing and business.
- Have great looking websites that don’t look like everyone else’s website.
- Find their unique niche.
- Network with lots of people in their community.
- Implement what they learn. Reading counseling blog articles, listening to the private practice podcast, and implementing the Starting a Private Practice infographic are all great things, but it is not taking action!
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
Joe Sanok is a private practice business consultant and counselor that helps small businesses and counselors in private practice that are starting a private practice. He helps owners with website design, vision, growth, and using their time to create income through being a private practice consultant.
Joe was frustrated with his lack of business and marketing skills when he left graduate school. He loved helping people through counseling, but felt that often people couldn’t find him. Over the past few years he has grown his skills, income, and ability to lead others.
To link to Joe’s Google+ .