How can you create enough business to sustain two locations? Is it possible to continually max out the business for even one location? What does it take to maintain the focus and to drive the vision that you have for your practice?
In this podcast episode, LaToya Smith speaks about opening a second location with Ashley Mielke.
Podcast Sponsor: Pillars of Practice
Ready to take your practice to the next level? In our Pillars of Practice E-Courses, you will find FREE resources designed to help you take your private practice to the next level, whether you are just starting out or already have an established practice running.
What’s your phase of practice? Click here to get full access, totally free!
Meet Ashley Mielke
Ashley Mielke is a Registered Psychologist, Founder, and CEO of a large group private practice in Alberta, Canada called The Grief and Trauma Healing Centre Inc. She is passionate about supporting heart-centered practice owners in starting, growing, and scaling their businesses.
Ashley was called to start her company after the tragic death of her father by suicide in 2010. It was the purpose she found through her healing that inspired the ‘WHY’ that drives her 7-figure company today. It brings Ashley great joy to support other heart-centered leaders in building successful practices that are aligned with both their business goals and their deepest calling.
In This Podcast
- How to keep the phone ringing
- Keep the focus
- The next steps after signing the lease
How to keep the phone ringing
You may be nervous about opening a second location if you think that business would be scarce.
However, it is possible for you to sustain a steady stream of clients coming into your private practices, and for that growth to be sustainable.
- Create and support a strong marketing strategy
- Boost your referrals by word-of-mouth and from fellow companies
- Building brand reputation and awareness
I have worked so hard over the last decade putting myself out there. I do a lot of public speaking; I sit on panels [and] I speak at conferences … I appear wherever I can go to build relationships in the community.Ashley Mielke
Keep the focus
Even though fear may be present, keep holding onto your “why”, and the sense of purpose that you feel in expanding your business.
Remember that fear is just an emotion that lets you know that you are close to the edge of your comfort zone, and are most likely near a position of growth, so embrace it!
You’re here to serve and it’s all coming from that place of service, and how can you go wrong? That truly was so great!Ashley Mielke
Draw energy and support from your team, and the community within your practice. They want the business to succeed, therefore they will support you too!
The next steps after signing the lease
- Before signing the lease, agree on a move-in date to work toward when it comes to getting the office space ready.
- Give clients advance notice to let them know where some of their therapists will be relocating to if they are moving to the second location.
- Send a company-wide email to everyone in the practice with the plans set out
- Duplicate everything in the first office space to put into the second office space, from kitchen utensils to system programs.
- Launch a second Google My Business listing.
The good part of this is [that] you’ve already done it once [with your first practice], so just do it again!LaToya Smith
- Continually work on your brand awareness so that people will find you!
- Chat with your accountant to see what your financial situation looks like to prepare yourself and your business to bridge the gap and then continue to be profitable.
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit The Grief and Trauma Healing Centre and connect with them on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Connect with Ashley Mielke on Instagram and LinkedIn.
- See also the Grief Recovery Method
Check out these additional resources:
- Practicing Self-Love Can Help You Grow Your Practice with Mikah Miller | GP 152
- Practice of the Practice Network
- Group Practice Launch
- Group Practice Boss: www.practiceofthepractice.com/grouppracticeboss $149 a month
- PoP Group Practice Owners Facebook Group
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Work with us
- Practice of the Practice Network
Meet LaToya Smith
LaToya is a consultant with Practice of the Practice and the owner of LCS Counseling and Consulting Agency in Fortworth Texas. She firmly believes that people don’t have to remain stuck in their pain or the place they became wounded. In addition to this, LaToya encourages her clients to be active in their treatment and work towards their desired outcome.
She has also launched Strong Witness which is a platform designed to connect, transform, and heal communities through the power of storytelling.
Email her at [email protected]