Do you want to use ChatGPT for your business needs while avoiding plagiarism? How can you use AI to help you organize your systems and processes? Can you use ChatGPT to create multiple types of content from one of your existing blog posts?
In this podcast episode, LaToya Smith speaks about how to use AI in your practice with Kym Tolson LCSW, CSAC.
Podcast Sponsor: Blueprint
Providing great therapy day after day can be challenging – even for the best of us!
At Blueprint, they believe that nothing should get in the way of you doing your best work, which is why they created a platform that provides therapists with an array of clinical tools – things like therapy worksheets, intervention ideas, and digital assessments – that are designed to help you and your clients can stay connected and confident throughout the care journey. Even better, Blueprint helps streamline your documentation so that you can spend less time on your notes and more time on the things that matter.
To learn more and request a free 30-day trial, visit blueprint-health.com
Meet Kym Tolson LCSW, CSAC
As a therapist turned digital nomad, Kym’s transformed her passion for travel into an exhilarating lifestyle, living in Airbnb’s across the globe. Her journey has led her to create “Bill Like A Boss,” a thriving community where insurance-based therapists can learn and elevate their practices. Additionally, she has curated a unique membership community called The Traveling Therapist Membership designed to support therapists juggling work and travel.
Recently, she has integrated Artificial Intelligence (AI) into every aspect of her business, revolutionizing the way she works and interacts with her clients. This exciting development has led to the creation of the Clinical AI Club, a platform dedicated to exploring the intersection of AI and running a private practice.
FREEBIE: How to become a traveling therapist
In This Podcast
- What is AI?
- Is it plagiarism?
- How AI can help you with your systems
- Create content for a year!
What is AI?
AI stands for artificial intelligence. There are so many different ways that artificial intelligence already works for us in our lives already, so it is not that new. However, getting to use ChatGPT in business is a new tool, but one that you can easily learn.
Whatever you want to train it to be, it can be that for you, so it’s a tool. It’s a predicative language model that can give you really helpful information based on the topic that you’re entering into the website.Kym Tolson
There are loads of AI programs, and ChatGPT is just one of them.
Is it plagiarism?
ChatGPT is based on a predictive language model. It cannot replace your professional judgment or workplace personality.
The stuff that [ChatGPT] is spitting out is really helpful and suggestive [because] it can give you ideas that you haven’t thought of before, but almost always you take that content and put it in a Google Doc … and make it your own voice, especially with the clinical piece.Kym Tolson
It is very difficult to plagiarize with ChatGPT, but if you want to make sure to avoid it then you need to read over and change what it gives you into your own words.
Don’t use ChatGPT to replace your job – use it to give you ideas and a fresh perspective and then put it in your own words.
Additionally, if you are using ChatGPT to write or create content for blog posts, you can put a little disclaimer at the end of the blog to let people know and to make sure that you are on the right side of the legal (and moral) code.
How AI can help you with your systems
You can use a prompt with ChatGPT like:
- “Help me analyze the systems within my private practice that are causing me to have a low conversion rate”: the AI system will either ask you for more information if it needs it, or will evaluate what you give it.
- “I want to tell you about my process and scheduling procedure and tell me where I can improve to convert more”: the AI system needs as much information as you can give it to give you the best result, and then ask it to point out the bottle-necks and ways to improve.
It will analyze your systems for you and give you predictive suggestions that could improve your outcomes.Kym Tolson
The more specific you are and the more questions you ask ChatGPT the more you can burrow into and discover what it is that you are looking for.
Create content for a year!
You can use ChatGPT to help you with social media posts, content, blogs, and articles – anything! Give the system one long article that you have written about your niche, and ask ChatGPT to:
- Break it down into 12 small blogs
- Give you short ideas for Instagram posts
- Rewrite it for you into a script that you can record and post as a podcast or YouTube video
- Give you monthly topics to discuss around the niche
And many more!
Repurpose, redistribute, work smarter [and] not harder with this type of stuff.Kym Tolson
- Visit The Travelling Therapist and connect on Facebook and Instagram.
- To learn more and request a free 30-day trial, visit blueprint-health.com
Check out these additional resources:
- Overcoming Limiting Beliefs with Kindall Tyson, LPC-S | GP 184
- Practice of the Practice Network
- Group Practice Launch
- Group Practice Boss: www.practiceofthepractice.com/grouppracticeboss $149 a month
- PoP Group Practice Owners Facebook Group
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Work with us
- Practice of the Practice Network
Meet LaToya Smith
LaToya is a consultant with Practice of the Practice and the owner of LCS Counseling and Consulting Agency in Fortworth Texas. She firmly believes that people don’t have to remain stuck in their pain or the place they became wounded. In addition to this, LaToya encourages her clients to be active in their treatment and work towards their desired outcomes.
She has also launched Strong Witness which is a platform designed to connect, transform, and heal communities through the power of storytelling.
Email her at [email protected]